Vacature – Business Developer
At Stockon we have the ambition to change the way people do their groceries to in order to maximize their lives and reduce waste. Our objective is to offer the most effective, smartest and cheapest service to manage and deliver your groceries. Together with top-class producers and logistic companies we further optimize the use of financial and natural resources, which should benefit all parties.
We fully focus on our customers. We monitor our customers needs both quantitatively and qualitatively and based on their input we continuously improve our service offering. It is key to demonstrate our learnings and fast improvements and quickly further grow.
We are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking app developer to strengthen the team based in Utrecht. Check out our Stockon app! We think it’s a good start, but we think it can be excellent. Under the hood we’re building on the latest technologies such as React Native, Firebase, Node.js and a whole range of web services.
As an engineer you will be part of our development team, and you will help build the best grocery app there can be. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product owners, art directors, UX designers and other (app) developers. You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take from a few hours to a couple of weeks. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way.
- You will develop new backend features to enable Stockon’s growth
- You are passionate about technical innovation and constantly looking for ways to improve Stockon
- Participate in the full development life cycle, i.e. gathering requirements, designing new functionality, writing tests, documentation
- Maintain the current code base, perform bug fixes and improvements
- Integrate internal and external APIs and libraries to extend functionality and connect services
- Work together with other developers to achieve a great and consistent user experience
- Basic knowledge of PHP and mysql
- Experience designing APIs
- Use to work with business process (manipulating models)
- Good architecture knowledge
- Comfortable in an Agile configuration
- No code platform experience is a plus (such as Bettyblocks)
- Hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues with strong analytical skills
- A willingness to learn and challenge yourself is very important, you’re always curious about new technologies
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality with great dedication to quality is important
- Knowing that we have to run a business, even though we embrace a startup mentality, you will deliver speedy and cost-efficient solutions
- Independent worker
- You are a team player
What can you expect from us?
In return for your devotion to clean code, we offer you a position with a lot of responsibilities, and even more possibilities. Stockon is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an experienced team. We are positioned for growth and you can help shape our future!
You’ll collaborate with our small, but ambitious team to effortlessly translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning and flawless interfaces. We need someone who can pioneer the growth and development of our Mobile team. You’ll have a real say with defining processes, frequently collaborating with different stakeholders across various teams.
Furthermore, we offer you a dynamic and inspiring workplace in the middle of Utrecht, young and enthusiastic colleagues, a market competitive salary, lunch, drinks and lots of fun!