Vacature – Business Engineer
At Stockon we have the ambition to change the way people do their groceries in order to maximize their lives and reduce waste. Our objective is to offer the most effective, smartest and cheapest service to manage and deliver your groceries. We aspire to take care of the daily essentials, like toilet paper, rice, toothpaste and dairy products. Together with top-class producers and logistic companies we further optimize the use of financial and natural resources, which should bring benefits all parties.
We fully focus on our customers. We monitor our customers needs both quantitatively and qualitatively and based on their input we continuously improve our service offering. It is key to demonstrate our learnings and fast improvements and quickly further grow.
We are looking for a tech savvy, organized and enthusiastic Business Engineer to further develop the applications we work with. Stockon uses Rapid Application Development frameworks, which is an easy way to build and further develop our business applications without the need to write miles of code. You will be working in a small team on solutions to enable the business to grow faster, such as system integrations/API’s, process design, AI and marketing tools. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product owners, art directors, UX designers, business engineers, data scientists, data analysts and other (app) developers. You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take a few hours to a couple of weeks. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way.
- You will develop new backend features to enable Stockon’s growth
- You are passionate about technical innovation and constantly looking for ways to improve Stockon
- Participate in the full development life cycle, i.e. gathering requirements, designing new functionality, writing tests, documentation
- Maintain the current code base, perform bug fixes and improvements
- Integrate internal and external APIs and libraries to extend functionality and connect services
- Work together with other developers to achieve a great and consistent user experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Bettyblocks experience is a plus
- Comfortable in a Scrum team, using lean and Agile methodologies
- Experience with unit integration, and system testing
- Hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues with strong analytical skills
- A willingness to learn and challenge yourself is very important, you’re always curious about new technologies
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality with great dedication to quality is important
- Knowing that we have to run a business, even though we embrace a startup mentality, you will deliver speedy and cost-efficient solutions
- You are a team player
What can you expect from us?
In return for your passion for technical innovation and your relentless execution power, we offer you a position with a lot of responsibilities, and even more possibilities. Stockon is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an experienced team. We are positioned for growth and you can help shape our future!
You’ll work alongside a great set of colleagues. We need someone who can pioneer the growth and development of our first class micro services. You’ll have a real say with defining processes, frequently collaborating with different stakeholders across various teams.
Furthermore, we offer you a dynamic and inspiring workplace in the middle of Utrecht, young and enthusiastic colleagues, a market competitive salary, lunch, drinks and lots of fun!