Vacature – Lead Backend Developer
At Stockon we have the ambition to change the way people do their groceries in order to maximize their lives and reduce waste. Our objective is to offer the most effective, smartest and cheapest service to manage and deliver your groceries. We aspire to take care of the daily essentials, like toilet paper, rice, toothpaste and dairy products. Together with top-class producers and logistic companies we further optimize the use of financial and natural resources, which should bring benefits all parties.
We fully focus on our customers. We monitor our customers’ needs both quantitatively and qualitatively and based on their input we continuously improve our service offering. It is key to demonstrate our learnings and fast improvements and quickly further grow.
We are looking for an experienced, organized and enthusiastic Lead Backend Developer who will take the lead in backend development and bring our applications to the next level. Stockon uses Rapid Application Development frameworks, which is an easy way to build and further develop our business applications without the need to write miles of code. You will be leading a team of enthusiastic developers. The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product owners, art directors, UX designers, business engineers, data scientists, data analysts and other (app) developers. You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take a few hours to a couple of weeks. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way using test driven design and automated unit testing.
If you get adrenaline rush of releases, you will be at the right address, we work with daily releases.
We work with a microservice architecture, using multiple asynchronous systems and push technology to the limits. We trust proven technologies such as Google Cloud SQL, MySQL, Google Big Query, Elasticsearch and REST, but we can’t resist trying something new.
- Overseeing the daily operations of our backend development team
- Own and drive development projects and products together with our product owners
- You are passionate about technical innovation and constantly looking for ways to improve Stockon
- Actively recruit for the engineering teams and ensure new hires have a soft landing within the company
- Foster an engineering culture that excites and challenges our people
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely
- Integrate internal and external API’s and libraries to extend functionality and connect services
- Work together with other development teams to achieve a great and consistent user experience
- 2+ years of leadership experience as Senior Developer / Lead Developer
- 2+ years of experience interacting with other teams such as CS and Marketing
- A preference for simplicity over complexity, averseness to over-engineering
- Strong communication skills, both technical and non-technical
- Bettyblocks experience is a pré
- Comfortable in a Scrum team, using lean and Agile methodologies
- Experience with unit integration, and system testing
- Hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues with strong analytical skills
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality with great dedication to quality is important
- You are a team player
What can you expect from us?
In return for your passion for technical innovation and your relentless execution power, we offer you a position with a lot of responsibilities, and even more possibilities. Stockon is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an experienced team. We are positioned for growth and you can help shape our future!
You’ll work alongside a great set of colleagues. We need someone who can pioneer the growth and development of our first class micro services. You’ll have a real say with defining processes, frequently collaborating with different stakeholders across various teams.
Furthermore, we offer you a dynamic and inspiring workplace in the middle of Utrecht, young and enthusiastic colleagues, a market competitive salary, lunch, drinks and lots of fun!