Vacature – Senior App Developer (iOS & Android)
At Stockon we have the ambition to change the way people do their groceries in order to maximize their lives and reduce waste. Our objective is to offer the most effective, smartest and cheapest service to manage and deliver your groceries. We aspire to take care of the daily essentials, like toilet paper, rice, toothpaste and dairy products. Together with top-class producers and logistic companies we further optimize the use of financial and natural resources, which should bring benefits all parties.
We fully focus on our customers. We monitor our customers needs both quantitatively and qualitatively and based on their input we continuously improve our service offering. It is key to demonstrate our learnings and fast improvements and quickly further grow.
Check out our Stockon app! We think it’s a good start, but we think it can be excellent. We are looking for a dynamic and forward thinking senior app developer to build and lead the app development team based in Utrecht. As an engineer you will be a crucial part of our development team, and you will build the best grocery app there can be. Under the hood we’re building on the latest technologies such as react native, google firebase, node.js and a whole range of web services.
The development process is a team effort, you work closely together with product owners, art directors, UX designers, business engineers, data scientists, data analyst and other (app) developers. You like to work in an agile way; from idea to deployment can take a few hours to a couple of weeks. You like getting things done fast, but in a smart and future proof way.
- Develop and release new features both front and backend
- Recruit and built a team
- Participate in the full development life cycle, i.e. gathering requirements, designing new functionality, writing tests, documentation
- Maintain the current code base, perform bug fixes and improvements
- Integrate internal and external APIs and libraries to extend functionality and connect services
- Work together with other developers to achieve a great and consistent user experience
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- At least 5 years professional experience in native Android and/or iOS app development, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Ideally, you already have some experience working with the React Native framework
- Comfortable in a Scrum team, using lean and Agile methodologies
- Good experience with unit, integration, and system testing – ranging from writing testable code to the design and implementation of the tests themselves
- Hands-on in troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Notable success shipping at least one app to the App Store or Google Playstore is certainly advantageous
- A willingness to learn and challenge yourself is very important, you’re always curious about new technologies
- A ‘getting things done’ mentality with great dedication to quality is important
- Knowing that we have to run a business, even though we embrace a startup mentality, you will deliver speedy and cost-efficient solutions
- You are a team player
- Fluent in Dutch and/or English
What can you expect from us?
In return for your devotion to clean code, we offer you a position with a lot of responsibilities, and even more possibilities. Stockon is a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with an experienced team. We are positioned for growth and you can help shape our future!
You’ll collaborate with our small, but ambitious team to effortlessly translate requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning and flawless interfaces. We need someone who can pioneer the growth and development of our Mobile team. You’ll have a real say with defining processes, frequently collaborating with different stakeholders across various teams.
Furthermore, we offer you a dynamic and inspiring workplace in the middle of Utrecht, young and enthusiastic colleagues, a market competitive salary, lunch, drinks and lots of fun!